DCPP v5.4 Released (Win 10 compatible)
Dear customer, we are happy to announce that a new version of DCPP v.5.4 has been released.
This new version is fully compatible with Windows 10.
- The new DCPP 5.4 version is fully Windows 10 compatible
- v5.4 properly handles the new Win 10 shutdown /restart and hibernation methods
- Improved tabled PC compatibility
- Improved UEFI Bios compatibility
- Improved GPT Hard disk Compatibility
- Improved solid state disk (SSD) compatibility
- Improved decryption speed
Important notes for old DCPP users:
Before you upgrade your old Windows 7/8 operating system make sure your system partition is decrypted, upgrading your Windows while the system partition it is in encrypted mode, will probably break windows.
Here the steps to properly upgrade your DCPP software
- Decrypt your computer
- Uninstall your old DCPP version (this will reset your license file) using the online or offline deinstallation method described in the user manual under the section “Removing DCPP – Migrating your license- / automatic or manual)
- Upgrade your operating system to Windows 10
- Download and Install DCPP v. 5.4 or higher
- Register the DCPP 5.4 version
- Encrypt your system
DCPP older then version 5.3 is NOT at all compatible with Windows 10.
Version 5.3 runs on Windows 10 but has security issues (under Win 10) and should therefore NOT be used under Win 10. To securely use DCPP under Windows 10 we highly recommend using version 5.4 or higher.
Another reason why not to use older versions on DCPP with Windows 10 is, that when the computer is restarted, in many case the system is in reality just hibernated, this means that after system restart the user will not be asked to enter the password and the machine automatically decrypted. Version 5.4 and above solve all these problems.